Bengali chicken curry is a delicious dish that one can try at dinner, lunch or anytime when one is thinking of chicken dishes. Amazing combinations of masala great aroma added this dish authentic touches and make one of the most popular Bengali chicken dishes.
Also known as famous Bengali dish kosha murgir mangso this dish is famous among the whole large Bengali community people. However, Bengali chicken curry is always special because of the way it is prepared and Bengali traditional masala touch within it. Bengali chicken curry recipe takes approximately 30 minutes of preparation.[Source]
Here, in this post, I will show you how easily one can prepare Bengali chicken curry or also called kosha murgir mangso. So, let’s go and find out these Bengali chicken curry recipe.
Ingredients needed for preparation of chicken curry
- One whole chicken cut up- 1
- Yogurt ½ cups [or you can add less according to your taste]
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons [if you are using more chicken add more garlic accordingly]
- Turmeric 1 tablespoon
- Cumin 1 tablespoon powder
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Red onion chopped 2
- Tomato chopped 1
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- Garam Masala ½ tablespoon
- Mustard ½ Cups
- 1 Bay leaves
- 4/5 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Few methi seeds for adding aroma
Follow the below steps to prepare Bengali chicken curry or kosha murgir mangso
- First thing first, cleans the chicken properly and put the whole chicken in a large strainer for 30 min.
- Now, take a large bowl for mixing and add Yoghurts, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, turmeric, red chili powder, now add the chicken to the mixture and keep it like this for 2 hours. [this step will add all the ingredients to the chicken so mix it well]
- After 2 hours of keeping it aside now, it’s time to bring it out. Now, heat the oil in a largely sized wok and start adding bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, methi seeds, and fry it till the nice aroma comes out of it from the masalas.
- Now, it’s time for adding salt and sugar according to your needs also add onions. Fry the onion till it becomes golden.
- After that lower the flame, and add marinated chicken and large tomatoes chopped. Now cover the lead for 15-20 minutes. And check between the meat is cooked or not.
- Once cooked now it’s time to fry it well in the flame and till the chicken and oil get separated.
- When the gravy becomes thick now add some garam masala for taste. But, don’t add it too much, a just sprinkled little amount of garam masala.
- Now, your Bengali curry chicken or masala chicken is ready to serve with roti or white rice or biriyani.
Now you can prepare this Bengali chicken curry recipe or kosha murgir mangso is prepared. Some people also add little ghee or butter at last for making it tastier. And you can serve this dish with salads and drinks. This is best for launch, however, you can eat it anytime when you think of chicken. Hope now you can prepare Bengali chicken curry recipe easily by using the preparation method i have shared here.