Who doesn’t enjoy a dish that’s tastefully prepared! Everything’s hunky-dory until eating the same food time and again bogs you down. Most chicken dishes are tried and tested. However, they can’t go out of fashion because the impact they leave behind lingers forever. Koli Sukka is in a class of its own.
Here’s another wholesome chicken preparation to tingle your palate. It’s packed with flavor and texture. Koli Sukka is simple to put together and you can’t get enough of it!
Ingredients for Koli Sukka
- 5 g whole red chilies
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp black peppercorns (crushed)
- 2 pods green cardamom
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 15 g curry leaves
- 50 g onions
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 180 g chicken pieces
- 250 ml water
- 30 g tomatoes
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Combine all ingredients for the spice blend necessary for Koli Sukka. Dry roast all spices in a heavy bottom pan and cool to room temperature.
- Make a paste out of the spice mixture. You can use a grinder or mortar and pestle to prepare the paste. A little coarse consistency works fine too.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Temper curry leaves, onion, and ginger-garlic paste. Toss in the chicken and cook till golden brown.
- Toss in the masala paste, except the curry leaves, onion, and ginger-garlic paste. Cook for 20-25 minutes over low flame with water. Cook until the water reduces and the chicken cooks through.
- Make sure you check the seasoning before serving.
- Relish Koli Sukka with rice or bread.
Chicken Recipe in a Jiffy
This recipe of Koli Sukka will take you just about 45 minutes. You can get about 20 servings of this succulent chicken dish given the quantity. If you’re planning a dinner party, Koli Sukka is the perfect dish for all your non-vegetarian family and friends. Dig in already!