What better way to kick off the weekend than trying a brand new recipe. Let’s give the Kadai Mushroom a fair chance, don’t you think? If you love mushrooms, then this recipe is for you. It’s got all the makings of a royal dish fit for the kings and queens.
Kadai Mushroom is easy to prepare and shouldn’t take you more than 35 to 40 minutes. Most ingredients necessary for Kadai Mushroom are available in your kitchen.
This is a blessing since you don’t have to worry about running to the store to shop for spices. As for the mushrooms, if you love them, they are likely to be stocked in your refrigerator.
Here are the ingredients for this absolutely stunning vegetarian dish that can match up to the best non-vegetarian dish you’ve ever tasted.
Ingredients for Kadai Mushroom
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 3 medium-sized onions finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 tomatoes medium size
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 cloves
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Peel the garlic cloves. Finely chop ginger and tomatoes.
- Toss in the peeled garlic cloves, chopped ginger and tomatoes; cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves in the mixer. Add some water and grind the mixture to a fine paste.
- Soak the medium-cut mushrooms in water and rinse them. Sprinkle a pinch of turmeric powder on the mushrooms.
- Heat some vegetable oil in heavy-bottomed pan.
- Throw in the cumin seeds in the oil till they splutter.
- Toss in the chopped onion and sauté it till it’s translucent.
- Toss in the finely ground paste to the pan. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder, and salt and let it cook. Let the spices till the oil separates.
- Toss in the mushrooms and cook till they are soft. (Since mushrooms release water, you don’t need to add water.)
Enjoy Kadai Mushroom with chapattis, rice, bread, or anything that appeals to your taste buds!