Craving for some flavor-packed chicken something? Consider it done! Simple, straightforward, easy-to-make recipe. You can easily prepare Chicken Kolhapuri in your kitchen. All ingredients necessary for this dish are available right at home.
Order Online : Chicken Kolhapuri
Ingredients for Chicken Kolhapuri
- 400-500 gm chicken (with bones)
- 1 onion sliced or chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium-size tomato deseeded, finely chopped
- ¾ Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- ¾ tbsp finely chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves (handful)
Spices (Roasted and Powdered)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 sprig mace
- 1 ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4-5 pepper corn
- 3-5 red chilies
- ¼ cup copra
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin
Cooking this flavorsome Chicken Kolhapuri dish will take you just about 30 minutes. It’s a power-packed meal and sits right with anyone who enjoys tastefully-made food.
Here are 13 easy steps from start to finish:
- Sauté red chilies, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, mace, coriander seeds, and nutmeg on low flame till they turn golden brown.
- Throw in the poppy and sesame seeds, coconut. Sauté till they turn golden brown (do not over roast).
- Set the sautéed ingredients aside and let them cool.
- In another pan heat oil and sauté onions till they turn golden brown.
- Tip in the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Sauté till the raw smell vanishes. Set aside to cool.
- Blend spices to a powder. Throw in the onion, ginger, and garlic and blend to a fine consistency.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this mixture. Set aside for 45-60 minutes.
- Sauté the chopped tomatoes in oil till they turn soft. Add salt to taste.
- Put the marinated chicken to the pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes on medium flame. Add salt to taste.
- Pour some water just enough to cover the chicken.
- Throw in the coriander leaves.
- Cook on low flame until chicken is done.
Enjoy Chicken Kolhapuri with chapattis, bread, steamed rice, or eat it as is.