Whenever we go to a restaurant we can find chilli paneer in the menu card. This can be one of the best starters to start with and you can also have it as a side dish. This delicious recipe can satisfy any paneer lover. Chilli paneer can also be a great side dish with plain rice, biryani, fried rice, jeera rice and even curd rice. It does take some time to prepare a delicious side dish but you can also make some changes to the recipe as per your taste. If you want to make it a starter then make the gravy thick in consistency; otherwise thin consistency would go well as a side dish. The same recipe can also be made with tofu which is a soy product made from soy milk. You just need to replace paneer with tofu and call it chilli tofu instead of chilli paneer. We have given all possible ingredients that make this recipe very tasty but you can minimize it as well. For example you can eliminate ajinomoto, soy sauce and yellow bell peppers. However it is, it tastes good even if you don’t use multiple vegetables.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Paneer – 1 lbs
- Corn flour – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tbsp
- Water – As per requirement
- Egg – 1
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Oil – As per requirement
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 4
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli garlic sauce – 1 tsp
- Ajinomoto – A pinch
- Chopped red bell pepper -1 cup
- Chopped yellow bell pepper – 1 cup
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 7
- Salt – As per taste
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Cut paneer into small cubes and place them in a dish.
- Beat an egg and keep the egg white and egg yolk aside.
- Take a separate dish to prepare the paste required for the gravy. In that dish take some salt as per your taste, add some ginger garlic paste, water, corn flour, egg and mix the ingredients well. Add some maida in it and mix the ingredients well again.
- Now add this mixture to the dish containing paneer cubes. Mix them well so that all the paneer pieces are well coated with this mixture.
- Take a fresh pan and heat some cooking oil in it. Add all the paneer pieces to it and fry them over low flame till they turn light brown. Keep stirring in between.
- Take another pan and add some cooking oil to it; add cumin, ginger garlic paste, onion, chilli garlic sauce, red and yellow bell peppers, soya sauce, salt, garlic, chopped green chilli, coriander powder, some water, chilli powder, curry leaves, lime juice and then add paneer.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Wait for some time and keep checking in between if it is cooked or not.
- Finally add few coriander leaves and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot is a plate with some white rice or any rice item.
- If you want, garnish it with few coriander leaves.